For your convenience, our most common questions are answered right here.


Q: What are the requirements to get a marriage license?

A: Both the bride and groom are required to apply in person at any county clerk’s office in the state of Texas. A license obtained in one county is valid in any other Texas county. To obtain the marriage license, you must each take two forms of identification (i.e. driver’s license, social security card, military id., passport, certified copy of birth certificate). The fee for a marriage license is approximately $73-$81 (depending on county)–cash only. But if you go through the State of Texas Marriage Education Counseling Class  www.twogetherintexas.com it is discounted $60. The marriage license is valid for 90 days from issuance with a 72 hour waiting period before the ceremony may take place (the 72 hour waiting period is waved with approved counseling course).

Q: Do you require premarital counseling?

A:  No, we do not require it. However, we would strongly advise that couples get some type of counseling or guidance to help them prepare for the journey that lies ahead. Remember, the wedding only lasts for a day, but the marriage lasts for a lifetime…or not. Loving Celebrations is certified with the State of Texas to provide pre-marital counseling using the Prepare & Enrich Marriage Assessment tool. www.prepare-enrich.com In addition, there are many excellent premarital seminars offered by various churches and organizations throughout the DFW metroplex.

Q:  What if due to an emergency our wedding officiant is unable to perform our ceremony?

A: That will rarely happen, but in the event that it does, we have existing arrangements with other officiants and ministers who are trained to conduct ceremonies in the exact same manner, so any one of them can officiate in case an emergency should arise.

Q: Can we choose the kind of ceremony we want with special wording, traditions or creative ideas?

A: Absolutely! There is no right or wrong way or ceremony format. Each ceremony is customized to the couples wishes and traditions. Some couples have many ideas, others need suggestions which we are always glad to provide.

Q: Do you perform non-religious or civil ceremonies or do I need to get a justice of the peace or judge?

A: Yes! A justice of the peace or judge is licensed by the state to perform civil ceremonies only. Whereas, a minister is ordained to perform religious ceremonies, but also is recognized by the state to perform civil ceremonies if he/she chooses to do so. We believe the institution of marriage is ordained of God. Whether a couple chooses to acknowledge God or not in their ceremony is their choice, just as it is our choice to perform civil ceremonies as well as religious ceremonies.

Q: What dos the officiant wear to the wedding?

A: Your choice! Ceremonies range from the formal to casual and informal. We are glad to wear whatever is most appropriate for your setting – a ministerial robe, tuxedo, suit, or jeans and boots!

Q: Is it necessary for the officiant to attend the rehearsal or even have a rehearsal?

A: Every ceremony is different in size and scope. Some smaller weddings may not require a rehearsal. However for most weddings it is encouraged that a rehearsal happen to make sure that the ceremony is conducted exactly how the couple has envisioned their special day with the least amount of stress.

Copyright 2016 Loving Celebrations | All Rights Reserved |